Seperation Anxiety...no, I'm not talking about me with Alex or visa versa...I'm talking about our dog, Maiyah! She has been great with the baby but is very attached to Justin and I and I am worried about how she will do when I go back to work. Right now she has the run of the house all the time, but unfortunately when we are away we need to put her in her kennel still. If we don't we usually come home to something being torn to shreds!!! Usually it is my slippers but she has eaten through a foam bath cushion for the baby and chewed up The Incredibles DVD!!!
As it is, I have a hard time getting any privacy when I go to use the bathroom! Who would have thought that an 80 pound German Shepherd would have to follow you into the bathroom and wait outside the shower for you! Thank god our master bathroom shower has a glass door and not a curtain like our hall bathroom...otherwise I think she would try to join me in there because she is obessed with water!!
But as "special" as she is she is a part of our family and we love her!!
Here are a few pictures of Maiyah. I was taking a million pictures of Alex and she was looking up at me like "You used to take my picture all the time!"
On a side note...last weekend while I was on the phone with my brother the baby got the hiccups. He gets them more than any baby I have ever known (and I have worked in daycares, babysat, have 5 nieces and nephews and countless friends' babies). I would say he gets them about 2-3 times a day! We don't know what causes them because they don't always follow a feeding (they might just start as we are in the middle of a drive somewhere or during tummy time).
Well, I guess Alex's hiccups were pretty loud because my brother asked if Maiyah was barking in the other room...I had to say "NO...that's the baby hiccuping!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.